River City Federal Credit Union established its brand in San Antonio nearly 80 years ago. Its membership grew over the years through reputation and referral; however, since 2010 many banks have transformed their digital presence and improved their reach to meet customers’ evolving demands. River City focused on more backend functions, such as application development, and did not focus on their interactive presence. Hence, from 2011 to 2014, they noticed a gradual decrease in memberships.
The existing website offered a great deal of useful content but positioned it without optimization for search engines, poor user interface (UI), and a complete lack of visual elements to engage users. It also did not respond to the screen sizes of many mobile devices on the market today, including iPads and other tablets.
esd identified the following goals:
- Build a responsive brand website
- Create a connection with existing and new members by providing results-oriented content, local imagery, and improved UI
- Decrease membership loss by improving UI with access to online, app and mobile banking services
After completing a comprehensive evaluation, esd’s tech team began restructuring and redesigning the website. River City’s website required an overhaul that included reorganization of all the internal pages, rewriting of site content and writing new sections, and selection of visual elements to complement and enhance the user experience. esd’s revamp of the site allows River City to now provide members with the anytime, anywhere access they need as well as potential members with the information they can use to choose River City as their credit union. Our solutions included:
- Modernized River City’s design and image
- Used CMS solutions to organize content
- Maximized usability for mobile devices by incorporating responsive web design
- Transformed River City’s website into a marketing hub